EAST LANSING, Mich. – The 2016 MSU Homecoming Parade will take place this Friday, Oct. 14, beginning at 6 p.m.
This year’s MSU Homecoming Grand Marshals are Tom and Lupe Izzo. This year’s theme is “Spartans For Life.”
The parade will begin at the Abbot-Burcham intersection (staging at the East Lansing Hannah Community Center) and travel south on Abbot Road, east on Grand River Avenue, south on Farm Lane via the Collingwood Entrance and end at the intersection of Farm and Shaw lanes.
Community members are invited to don their green-and-white gear and line the streets of the parade route.
These East Lansing streets and their intersections will be closed Friday, Oct. 14 to accommodate the parade:
- Abbot Road, between Oxford Road/Whitehills Drive and Burcham Drive, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Abbot Road, between Burcham Drive and Grand River Avenue, from 5:30-7:15 p.m.
- Burcham Drive, between Old Hickory Lane and Abbot Road, from 3:30-7:15 p.m.
- Grand River Avenue, between Abbot Road and the Collingwood Drive entrance to the MSU campus, from 5:30-7:15 p.m.
These streets near the East Lansing Hannah Community Center will also be closed Friday, Oct. 14:
- Centerlawn Avenue, from Forest Street to Abbot Road, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Evergreen Avenue, from Centerlawn Avenue to Northlawn Avenue, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Forest Street, from Centerlawn Avenue to Northlawn Avenue, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Fern Street, from Evergreen Avenue to Abbot Road, from 2:30-7 p.m.
- Northlawn Avenue, from Forest Street to Abbot Road, from 2:30-7 p.m.
City Closures: Please note that the East Lansing Hannah Community Center will close at noon on Oct. 14 and the parking lot will be used for parade staging. The East Lansing Public Library will be closed all day on Oct. 14 due to street closures and to accommodate in-service staff training.
Other street closures and alternate routes: All roads southbound off Albert Avenue, between Durand Street and Abbot Road, will be closed to thru traffic. Some roads leading to Abbot Road (Library Lane, Centerlawn Avenue and Northlawn Avenue) will also be closed to thru traffic. Eastbound and westbound traffic should take Saginaw Street. Northbound and southbound traffic should take either Harrison Road or Hagadorn Road.
For more information about MSU Homecoming, visit www.homecoming.msu.edu. Go Green!