The City Manager is the chief administrative officer for the City of East Lansing. Major responsibilities include oversight of preparation of the annual budget and long-range financial planning, supervision of all City departments, coordination and development of programs and services and the implementation of City Council's strategic priorities and policy decisions. The City Manager reports to and is appointed by the City Council under the Council-Manager form of government.
- City Attorney Services Request for Proposals - The City of East Lansing is currently accepting proposals for city attorney services. Proposals are due by 4 p.m. on September 24, 2021.
- Statement Denouncing Racism, Injustice and Discrimination in All Forms - Following the murder of George Floyd, East Lansing City Manager George Lahanas issued a statement denouncing racism, injustice and discrimination in all forms and committing to dismantling the systemic inequalities in City government. The full statement can be read here.
- Legislative Update - a summary of current legislative issues facing local government.
- - The City works with local organizations to promote upcoming events in East Lansing by placing banners in one of two highly visible locations.
- Administrative Order of the City Manager Establishing FOIA Policies and Procedures (PDF) - View the East Lansing City Manager's administrative order establishing procedures regarding FOIA requests and appeals.
- City Manager's Contract (PDF) - View the City Manager's Contract approved by the East Lansing City Council in September 2020.
- East Lansing City Manager Provides Requested Report to East Lansing City Council - East Lansing City Manager George Lahanas has provided a requested report to the East Lansing City Council regarding the sale of 6.4 acres of land located at the intersection of Merritt and Lake Lansing roads.