East Lansing Downtown Underground Market
The M.A.C. Avenue Garage is located under the East Lansing Marriott in downtown East Lansing and market days are scheduled to take place from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on the following Sundays:
- Sunday, Feb. 14
- Sunday, Feb. 28
- Sunday, March 14
- Sunday, March 28
- Sunday, April 11
- Sunday, April 25
- Sunday, May 9
About the Market
The market serves to enhance community life by bringing customers, local growers, producers, businesses and craft artisans together in a safe space. A list of market vendors can be viewed here.
With a main goal of increasing patronage of downtown businesses, market customers are encouraged to make a day of their visit to downtown. In addition to shopping for fresh, farm-grown Michigan produce and locally made crafts and products at the market, customers are encouraged to support local downtown East Lansing businesses while out and about.
Getting to the Market
- Entry into the market from the street is from the stairs near the northwest corner of Albert Avenue and Charles Street (the southeast corner of the Marriott building).
- Entry for those who park on level P2 of the M.A.C. Avenue Garage is via the stairs on the southeast side of the garage or the elevator (for those requiring ADA accommodations), which can be taken to level P1.
- ADA access from the street is through the office lobby doors off Albert Avenue (adjacent to Leo's Coney Island). An elevator is located inside the lobby, which can be taken to level P1.
- Signs will be in place directing customers. Customers are also encouraged to check out the market video and market map (PDF).
In an effort to make the market as safe as possible for community members, vendors, City staff and volunteers, several necessary COVID-19 safety precautions will be in place and community members should be mindful of the following customer expectations:
- Masks will be required at the market and are also required in other parts of downtown East Lansing (both inside businesses and in outdoor public spaces).
- Community members should stay home if they are sick.
- While attending the market, community members will be required to keep at least a six-foot distance from other customers not from the same household.
- Customers are asked to limit their shopping groups to no more than two people.
- Customers are asked to be aware of signs at the market and to use the designated entrances and exits (see the Getting to the Market section above for designated entrances/exits).
- Food should be consumed at home or at outdoor dining spaces in the downtown.
- Animals will not be permitted (this excludes service animals).
There will be one-way directional traffic and hand sanitizer stations within the market as well as a limit on how many people will be permitted in the market space at one time.