Tent & Outdoor Fire Permits/Appeals

The City of East Lansing requires permit approval for erecting large tents and outdoor fires.

Tent Permit

All tents over 120 square feet require a building permit and possibly an electrical permit if using electric. Learn more.


General Fire Permits

A permit is required for contained outdoor burning, tents or air-supported structures, grandstands, folding & telescopic seating, commercial cooking, flammable or combustible liquid tanks, LP storage or use, hazardous materials and the sale and/or storage of fireworks.