The Parking Division is Hiring!The Parking Division manages and maintains the City's municipal parking facilities, including seven parking garages, six surface lots and on-street meters. The parking system supports downtown businesses by providing customer parking and the merchant validation program. It also supports downtown office users and residents through the sale of discounted monthly permits.
PLEASE NOTE: The parking office is closed to the public; however, parking staff are available by phone Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to assist community members. Call (517) 337-1277 or (517) 256-2788 for staff assistance.
Quick LinksParking Locations
Downtown Parking Video Tutorials
Parking Brochure (PDF)
Live Parking Availability
Parking Charge Dispute Online Form
- Rate Changes Taking Place July 1, 2022 - Click here to see the updated hourly rates and click here to see updated permit rates.
- Validation Discount for Local Businesses - The validation discount for local businesses has increased from 40 percent to 50 percent! Click here to see what businesses will validate your parking!
- 15-Minute Grace Period Offered at Gated Parking Facilities in Downtown East Lansing - Parking visits that are under 15 minutes in downtown East Lansing's gated facilities are free. Parking customers will pull a ticket upon entering a gated facility and, if their visit is less than 15 minutes, it will be free. Full rates do apply for visits that are over 15 minutes.
- Live Parking Availability - Downtown East Lansing visitors can now get real-time updates on available parking spaces in downtown's gated garages and lots. Perfect for those busy football Saturdays! Learn more.
- Discount Multi-Use Voucher - This voucher can be used in any downtown public gated parking facility. Purchase $25 in hourly parking and receive a voucher for $50 worth of parking. Purchase $50 in hourly parking and receive a voucher for $100 worth of parking. The East Lansing Parking Division is not responsible for lost or stolen vouchers. Learn more.
Remember, you can use the PassportParking® mobile payment option at any parking meter or multi-space meter machine in downtown East Lansing. It's a convenient, time-saving option for visitors!
Pay for your parking using the PassportParking App and receive a parking discount!
*Standard rate is $1 per half hour. The discount reduces the rate to 75 cents per half hour.
Learn more about how to use the PassportParking® App.