The Parking Division manages and maintains the City's municipal parking facilities, including seven parking garages, six surface lots and on-street meters. The parking system supports downtown businesses by providing customer parking and the merchant validation program. It also supports downtown office users and residents through the sale of discounted monthly permits.
PLEASE NOTE: The parking office is closed to the public; however, parking staff are available by phone Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. to assist community members. Call (517) 337-1277 or (517) 256-2788 for staff assistance.
The Parking Division is Hiring!
The City of East Lansing's Parking Division is hiring parking ambassadors! This is a part-time, contingent position offering flexible hours and free parking*! To apply, click here. The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring! The Parking Division is Hiring!
*Free parking in any City-owned gated facility is offered to parking ambassadors working at least two shifts per week. The Parking Division is Hiring!
- Parking Locations
- Downtown Parking Video Tutorials
- Parking Brochure (PDF)
- Validated Parking
- Live Parking Availability
- Gated Lot Charge Dispute Online Form
- Parking Master Plan FY 2023 (PDF)
Recent News & Updates
- Validation Discount for Local Businesses - The validation discount for local businesses has increased from 40 percent to 50 percent! Click here to see which businesses will validate parking! Recent News & Updates Recent News & Updates Recent News & Updates
- 15-Minute Grace Period Offered at Gated Parking Facilities in Downtown East Lansing - Parking visits that are 15 minutes or less in downtown East Lansing's gated facilities are free. Parking customers will pull a ticket upon entering a gated facility and, if their visit is less than 15 minutes, it will be free. Full rates do apply for visits that are over 15 minutes.
- Holiday Free Parking - Parking is free on the following holidays: New Year's Eve Day, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day.
Remember, PassportParking® mobile payment option can be used at any parking meter or multi-space meter machine in downtown East Lansing. It's a convenient, time-saving option for visitors!