Audition information for AECT's production of "Alice in Wonderland" is now available! PLEASE NOTE: All auditions, rehearsals, crew meetings and performances will be in-person for this production.
All-of-us Express Children's Theatre is always seeking talented youth participants! No previous training or experience is required to audition. There is no fee to audition, but there are participation fees.
Audition InformationDue to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in-person auditions will be different than you may be used to. Please read through this carefully to prepare for auditions:
- Auditions open to ages 8-18.
- You may check out a script prior to auditions through the front desk of the East Lansing Hannah Community Center, 819 Abbot Road, for a $10 deposit. Scripts must be returned at auditions to receive your deposit back.
- Auditions for "Alice in Wonderland" are May 20, 21 and 22. You must audition on one of these days to be considered for this production. To audition for the show, you must reserve a time slot here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084BAEA728ABFA7-alice. Only five people will be allowed to audition at a time and we cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate walk-ins.
- We ask that the youth auditioning come into the building alone, if they are comfortable, to further keep the number of people in our spaces down. The entire audition process will take about 30 minutes.
Please bring a calendar or list of conflicting dates with you so you can disclose any conflicts with rehearsals at the time of auditions. Rehearsals will begin June 1 and the production itself will take place July 30-August 1 and August 6-8. There will be a full calendar of dates available to view at auditions, but will not be finalized until after casting so we can attempt to work around conflicts.
Those auditioning will still be given the option to sign up for a crew if they are not cast in the show.
- If you are only signing up for crew, you should NOT attend auditions. Instead, please fill out the online form here: https://cityofeastlansing.com/FormCenter/Parks-Recreation-Arts-10/Allofus-Express-Childrens-Theatre-Auditi-95.
- You will be contacted with your crew assignment after auditions have concluded and will be given access to the online calendar to find your crew schedule.
- You must complete the crew signup form by May 21 at 8:30 p.m.