Auditions for "The Prince and the Pauper" are closed. Be on the lookout for audition information for AECT's next production, "Charlotte's Web."
All-of-us Express Children's Theatre is always seeking talented youth participants! No previous training or experience is required to audition. There is no fee to audition, but there are participation fees. For productions during the school year, children between the ages of 9-18 can audition. For productions during the summer, children between the ages of 6-18 can audition.
- Auditions open to ages 9-18.
- Download a "The Prince and the Pauper" script (PDF) to print and use for your audition
- To audition, record one video of yourself reading from the script.
- Start by introducing yourself and letting us know what page you're starting on
- Choose areas of the script where you can perform at least 10 lines of dialogue. None of your audition needs to be memorized, you are more than welcome to read directly from the script
- Videos should be no more than five minutes long.
- Get creative! Read with a sibling, parent, another person who is with you or even read all of the characters in the scene yourself!
- Show off your personality and don’t be afraid to think outside the box. We want this to be fun!
- Email your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “The Prince and the Pauper Auditions”
- The deadline to submit your videos is Nov. 16 at 6 p.m.
- You'll need to fill out this form: https://cityofeastlansing.com/FormCenter/Parks-Recreation-Arts-10/Allofus-Express-Childrens-Theatre-Auditi-95.
- On the form, you can also select crews if you would like the opportunity to be assigned to one of those in the event that you are not cast in the show.
- In the conflict section PLEASE INCLUDE ANY CONFLICTS BETWEEN NOV. 30 AND DEC. 8 (excluding weekends and holidays) and we will work to accommodate your schedule
- We will take Dec. 21 - Jan. 3 off for the holidays
- Once you have completed your video and your form, we’ll need you to do a measurement form: https://forms.gle/GbecskxNCGp7Upus6.
- If you are cast in the show, we will need these measurements to create your costume
- If we need to see you read more, you may be asked to attend a callback via Zoom on Nov. 21
- You will be notified of your role in the show or the crew you were assigned by Nov. 28 at the latest
- Rehearsals will be scheduled Monday-Thursday, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Not everyone in the cast will come to every rehearsal and we will do our best to work around your conflicts
- We will prepare a kit for you that will include any necessary makeup, props and your backdrop that will sit behind you during the performance. You will be allowed to keep your makeup and backdrop, but we may need the props back depending on what they are.
- We will have a designated day or two for you to pick up your kit from the East Lansing Hannah Community Center (ELHCC), 819 Abbot Road.
- Aside from the one day you need to pick up your kit, nothing will be taking place in person. The performance and all rehearsals will be done virtually
- The deadline to sign up is Nov. 16 at 6 p.m.
- To sign up for a crew, you will also need to fill out the same form: https://cityofeastlansing.com/FormCenter/Parks-Recreation-Arts-10/Allofus-Express-Childrens-Theatre-Auditi-95.
- Each crew member will have a kit of supplies they will use to create their assigned items
- We will have a designated day or two for you to pick up your kit from the ELHCC.
- Some crews may not have to pick up a kit – you will be notified if you do not need to come to this
- Crew meeting days and frequency will vary depending on the crew, but will probably average 2-3 times per week (Sound and Makeup will likely be less)
- Costumes, props and sets crews will be meeting in-person or as a hybrid of in-person and virtually. If you are not comfortable meeting in-person, we will assign you to a crew that is completely virtual or have you only meet on virtual days, depending on the crew.
- Anyone meeting in-person will be required to wear masks at all times and remain distanced from others on the crew
- Additional safety measures will also be in place.
We will also have a backup plan in case of any need to move back to being completely virtual