PLEASE NOTE: Auditions are currently closed for "Snow White" and "The Princess and the Pea" and this production has started. Keep an eye out in November for auditions for "Prince and the Pauper."
All-of-us Express Children's Theatre is always seeking talented youth participants! No previous training or experience is required to audition. There is no fee to audition, but there are participation fees. For productions during the school year, children between the ages of 9-18 can audition. For productions during the summer, children between the ages of 6-18 can audition.
- Auditions open to ages 9-18.
- If you are interested in auditioning, email email@example.com to request scripts. You will be emailed a PDF of each one. You can print these to make it easier to use.
- To audition, record two videos of yourself reading from the scripts (one video from each script).
- Start by introducing yourself and letting us know which script you’re reading from and what page you’re starting on.
- Choose areas of the script where you can perform at least 10 lines of dialogue.
- Videos should be no more than five minutes long.
- Get creative! Read with a sibling, parent, another person who is with you or even read all of the characters in the scene yourself!
- Show off your personality and don’t be afraid to think outside the box. We want this to be fun!
- Email your videos to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Snow White/Princess and the Pea Auditions”
- The deadline to submit your videos is Aug. 31 at 6 p.m.
- On the form, you can also select crews if you would like the opportunity to be assigned to one of those in the event that you are not cast in the show.
- If we need to see you read more, you may be asked to attend a callback via Zoom on Sept. 2.
- You will be notified of your role in the show or the crew you were assigned by Sept. 9.
- You will be cast in either "Snow White" or "Princess and the Pea."
- There is the potential to be cast in both shows, but our goal is to keep the casts separate.
- Rehearsals will start as twice a week per show, increasing right before the performance.
- Rehearsals will be scheduled 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- We will prepare a kit for you that will include any necessary makeup, props and your backdrop that will sit behind you during the performance. You will be allowed to keep your makeup and backdrop, but we may need the props back depending on what they are.
- We will have a designated day or two for you to pick up your kit from the East Lansing Hannah Community Center (ELHCC), 819 Abbot Road.
- The deadline to sign up is Aug. 31 at 6 p.m.
- With the exception of sound crew, each crew member will have a kit of supplies they will use to create their assigned items.
- We will have a designated day or two for you to pick up your kit from the ELHCC.
- Crew meeting days and frequency will vary depending on the crew but will probably average 2-3 times per week (sound and makeup will likely be less).