EAST LANSING, Mich. — City of East Lansing staff have been working with the contractors associated with the ongoing and upcoming public infrastructure projects within the City of East Lansing to determine which projects can continue with safety precautions in place during Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order 2020-21.
The following projects will be continuing and are in compliance with paragraph 5(c) of Executive Order 2020-21. These projects will have no more than ten workers on site, excluding inspectors, deliveries and other ancillary personnel. The contractors for these projects will also comply with the Ingham County Health Officer’s emergency order to screen the employees that are coming to work.
- Evergreen Avenue and Albert Avenue public infrastructure work associated with the current Park District Planning Area development project – work continuing; existing road closures to remain in place
- Michigan Avenue and Harrison Road sewer improvement project (Infrastructure Restructure Project) – work continuing; lane closures expected
- Woodingham Pump Station Replacement Project – work continuing; existing road closure to remain in place
- Restoration work associated with the Fiscal Year 2019 Water Main Improvement Project on Durand Street, Cornell Avenue and Evergreen Avenue – work continuing
- MDOT HISP Project - Harrison Road resurfacing project and four-to-three conversion project form Michigan Avenue to Grand River Avenue – tentative start date in mid-May; road to be closed to through traffic
- MDOT LAP Project - Trowbridge Road and Forest Road resurfacing project – tentative start date in mid-May; lane closures expected
- Lake Lansing Road Concrete Joint Repair Project from West Road to Abbot Road – tentative start date in mid-May; lane closures and periodic road closures expected
As additional projects are determined to be necessary during this time, they will be added to this list. Updates to the list will be available at www.cityofeastlansing.com/construction.