EAST LANSING, Mich. — Residents are advised that the City of East Lansing will be offering a third round of no-fee yard waste collection this June to meet the continuing needs of the community.
Bulk item collection will continue to be suspended until Monday, June 15 to accommodate the two extra weeks of no-fee yard waste collection.
Please keep the following key dates in mind:
- Monday, May 25 – Memorial Day; no yard waste or bulk item collection this week
- Monday, June 1 – No-fee yard waste collection offered on east side of City (homes east of Abbot Road); no bulk item collection this week
- Monday, June 8 – No-fee yard waste collection offered on west side of City (homes west of Abbot Road); no bulk item collection this week
- Monday, June 15 – Resume regular yard waste and bulk item collection (advanced requests and City bags/stickers required)
No-Fee Yard Waste Collection Guidelines
On no-fee yard waste collection days, it is not necessary to make advanced requests or use City yard waste stickers or bags, but all other yard waste guidelines do apply:
- Yard waste includes leaves, plant material, grass clippings and brush/limbs.
- Yard waste may be placed at the curb no earlier than 8 p.m. the day before collection and no later than 7:30 a.m. the day of collection.
- Yard waste must be contained within a paper yard waste bag or rigid, 32-gallon plastic container.
- Bags and rigid, 32-gallon plastic containers must weigh no more than 40 pounds and bags should be stored in a dry location prior to being placed at the curb.
- Brush/limbs can also be bundled with string/twine. Bundles may not be more than 4 feet long and 1 foot in diameter. Individual limbs must be 4 inches in diameter or less and bundles must not weigh more than 40 pounds.
Community members with questions can call the East Lansing Department of Public Works at (517) 337-9459. Staff is currently available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; however, staff will not be available on Monday, May 25 due to the Memorial Day holiday.