EAST LANSING, Mich. – The East Lansing Family Aquatic Center (ELFAC) will, once again, be closing out its season with a Dog Swim on Saturday, Sept. 9 from 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Pet owners are invited to bring their furry friends to ELFAC for some water play fun. The cost to participate is $10 for East Lansing residents and $12 for non-residents. Participants will need to read and sign a waiver provided at the facility on the day of the event.
Here are a few things for prospective participants to keep in mind:
- Each dog must have a handler at least 18 years of age or older.
- There can be no more than one dog per handler.
- Dogs must have a license to participate.
- Dogs younger than four months old will not be permitted due to vaccination/licensing requirements. Dogs in heat will also not be permitted.
- Pool use will be strictly for dogs; humans will not be allowed in the water.
The City of East Lansing is not responsible for injuries to visiting dogs, their owners or others participating in this event.
This event is back by popular demand after a successful first event in 2016. Community members can visit www.facebook.com/elaquaticcenter or call (517) 410-8493 for additional information. ELFAC is located at 6400 Abbot Road. Members of the media are welcome to attend the event.