An update on the road closures:
- Grand River Avenue is back open to traffic at this time, but may need to be closed for a short period of time later this evening once the crane arrives.
- Abbot Road remains closed between Grand River Avenue and Linden Street.
- Albert Avenue is closed between Evergreen Avenue and Grove Street.
- The road closures are expected to be in place until later this evening (approximately 11 p.m.).
- A Nixle alert will be sent when the roads/sidewalks re-open.
EAST LANSING, Mich. — This afternoon, a concrete form didn't set properly at the Park District project site, located at the northwest corner of the Abbot-Grand River intersection.
In the interest of public safety, all roads and sidewalks have been closed around the project site. Motorists and pedestrians are advised to avoid Grand River Avenue on the west end of downtown East Lansing and Abbot Road, between Grand River Avenue and Linden Street, until further notice. The sidewalk and road closures are expected to be in place for several hours. Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
A support crane has been called in to assist with the situation and City of East Lansing officials and first responders are on scene monitoring the situation and directing traffic. City officials are in continuous contact with the construction team and will remain on site until the situation is resolved.
A Nixle update will be sent when the roads re-open to traffic. Community members can sign up for Nixle by texting their zip code (residents) or EASTLANSING (non-residents) to 888777. Community members can also sign up for Nixle online: https://local.nixle.com/register/.