For more information, please contact Engineering Administrator Nicole McPherson by email or phone, (517) 319-6928.
- East Glencairn Neighborhood Improvements Project (estimated to resume in late March 2022; estimated completion in mid July 2022) – This project is continuing from 2021 and includes utility upgrades (water main replacement and combined sewer replacement) as well as road improvement work. For additional information, view DPW's latest Letter to Glencairn Neighbors 3/4/22 (PDF) and the City's latest press release 3/23/22. Residents of the neighborhood are also encouraged to view the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy's flyer on how construction activity can impact drinking water (PDF).
- Burcham Drive Water Valve Replacement Project (scheduled to begin March 21, 2022) - Spot water main valve replacement will require intermittent closures of the Grove Street Alley, from Elizabeth Street north to Burcham Drive, as well as on Burcham Drive, from Abbot Road to Park Lake Road. For additional information, view DPW's Letter to Residents/Property Owners 3/17/22 (PDF), the City's press release and the construction map (PDF).
- MDOT Project: Hillcrest Avenue Retaining Wall Repair (scheduled to begin April 4, 2022 and be completed by May 20, 2022) - MDOT will be repairing the Hillcrest Avenue retaining wall as well as installing ADA-compliant sidewalks and replacing fencing in the area. The work will require shoulder and single-lane closures on Grand River Avenue at Hillcrest Avenue. Motorists should expect delays. View MDOT's MI Drive Map.
- Haslett Road to Timberlane Street Sewer Interceptor Repair Project (estimated start in late April 2022) - The sewer lining project will take place from Haslett Road south to Timberlane Street (north of Burcham Drive). Road closures/traffic impacts are not expected; however, residents may see large equipment and semi-trucks in the area during the work.
- Oakhill Avenue Retaining Wall Construction Project (scheduled to begin April 18, 2022 and be completed in late May) - A retaining wall on Oakhill Avenue will be replaced and the roadway in the area will be resurfaced. Oakhill Avenue, between Hillcrest Avenue and Sunset Lane, will be closed to through traffic during the work. On-street parking will be temporarily prohibited in the area as well.
- Sidewalk Improvements at Albert-Milford and Milford-Short Intersections (estimated start in late May) - American Disabilities Act (ADA) upgrades will be made to the sidewalks at the intersections of Albert Avenue and Milford Street and Milford Street and Short Street. The work will require intersection closures.
- Albert Avenue Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Project (summer 2022) - The project will include traffic signal optimization along Albert Avenue, with no major impacts to traffic expected.
- Burcham Drive Roadway Improvement Project (estimated start in mid June 2022) - The roadway improvements will require Burcham Drive to be closed to through traffic from Abbot Road to Timberlane Street.
- Improvements at Park Lake-Haslett Intersection (estimated start in June) - The Ingham County Road Department will close the intersection of Park Lake Road and Haslett Road for approximately one week to make American Disabilities Act upgrades to the intersection, install a new traffic signal and widen the traffic lanes.
- East Lansing Parking Facility Repairs Project (scheduled May-August 2022) - This project will take place at five downtown East Lansing parking garages (Bailey Street, Division Street, Charles Street, Grove Street and MAC Avenue). The work will include concrete repairs, concrete sealants, expansion joints, cove joints, control joints, plumbing repairs, window sealants, fence repairs, painting and roofing work. Traffic-flow impacts will take place throughout the project at all five facilities, though each parking facility is expected to remain open for customer use. Signs will be in place at the entry of each facility informing visitors of the maintenance work in progress.
WEEKLY UPDATE (5/19/22):
The East Lansing Parking Facility Repairs Project continues in the Division Street Garage. Currently, work is focused on expansion joints, control and cove joint caulking, stairwell pans, along with concrete patching. Some repairs have started in Bailey Street Garage. The project is currently on schedule for completion in August.